As part of the comprehensive schedule of papers and keynotes to be presented at the forthcoming AES Fall Convention 2023 in New York, Jeff Berryman from the OCA Alliance will present a session on connection management in AES70-2023 on Friday 27th October.
This session will explain how the new features of AES70-2023 – due to be released Q4 2023 – can be used to manage connections of three popular media transport schemes:
- AES67, the AES standard that defines high performance Audio-over-IP interoperability
- SMPTE ST2110-30, derived from AES67, that defines the elementary essence transport of video, audio and associated data over IP networks (especially relevant for the broadcast community)
- MILAN, an AVB-based media transport specification from the AVnu trade association
The presentation will cover an overview of the architecture of AES70, including:
- members of the AES70 standards family, in particular AES70-21-2023 and AES70-22-2023
- Network Application Control (NAC), the AES70-2023 general model for networking
- Connection Management 4 (CM4), the AES70-2023 general connection management model
- using CM4 for AES67 and SMPTE ST 2110-30 connection management
- using CM4 for MILAN connection management; and using CM4 for other media transport schemes
“We’re excited to present the latest updates to the AES70 standard at the AES Fall Convention,” says Bosch platform strategist and OCA marketing chair, Ethan Wetzell. “Connection management is a hot topic right now, and we’re pleased to present how AES70’s powerful connection management features are being extended to three of the most universally adopted transport technologies, namely AES67, ST 2110 and MILAN. This development will help to broaden the adoption of AES70 as the industry moves increasingly towards integrated workflows.”
The 60-minute session on connection management in AES70-2023 will be held on October 27, 11:30am, room 1E11. For further information and to register please see here.