The OCA Alliance is a non-profit corporation formed to secure the standardization of the Open Control Architecture (OCA) as a media networking system control standard for professional applications.
The purposes of the OCA Alliance are to:
- Actively promote the adoption and standardization of Open Control Architecture (OCA) as a media networking system control standard through marketing, education and training, freely available at no cost.
- Develop and refine the original OCA standard as to secure the standardization of OCA as a media networking system control for professional applications.
- Develop future standards and other documents that augment, enhance or extend the primary OCA standard for the purposes of enabling and promoting increased interoperability and reliability for a variety of transport standards.
- Provide developer support for OCA compliant products, and develop and actively support those members producing OCA compliant products. This includes, but is not limited to: OCA application program interface and OCA system development kit and OCA test tools.
- Provide a forum and environment whereby the members of the OCA Alliance may meet to review standard development, develop and utilize compliance programs, and foster the development of new products based on the OCA standard.
- Educate the business and consumer communities about the value, benefits and applications for OCA.
- Maintain relationships and liaison with education institutions, other technology associations and organizations that help promote the use and development of OCA products.